Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Went to Malacca -work

Went to Malacca last week. Merlimau to be exact.
From office bout 3pm, I even requested from a dash to my place for slippers. Huhu. One of the execs in my office drove.
All very excited, after all I haven't been to anywhere for quite some time. But did feel drowsy bout 20 mins after we started on the highway. My partner in crime was already happily dreaming. I wanted to sleep too, but I was afraid that the driver might feel sleepy too.l So I kicked myself, trying to keep myself awake. Managed to chatted with him. Always a happy/ chiry fella. Good.
Dinner, went to Malacca town. Had peranakan dishes , pong teh/ vege.. cendol was nice, only I didn't order it. Ordered ice kacang instead. Haha. Don't like cendol la.

Slept like a baby. Felt tired. The best sleep I've had in a while.

The next day, listened to the briefing, yada yada yada.
Went to the estate, for real. Lucky I get to ride in a 4WD. As opposed to the boys all chunked together in a sad/lorry that did not seem suitable to carry human beings. But hey, they're going to be future assitant estate managers & estate managers (serious $$$$$$), so, they've got to do the nitty gritty work la.

I had a great time in the field. Learnt a lot. Mostly I loved going out for dinner. Haha

The 2nd nite, had steaks for dinner (wasn't feeling rice-y) ..tried some other dishes,too. Very nice. Nice restaurant, too. Will visit it the next time I'm in Malacca.

The final nite, now this was the best part, had fresh seafood for dinner. Garoupa deep fried , butter prawns (chewy prawns, wrongly made). Talked, laughed, 'bonding' with the important people. Had a great time though...But amidst all the fun, I know that I can only be this chummy with these people when off-working hours.. In office it's different.

Working sucks.It sucks to be an adult. But I need the $. And the experience.

I love my job I love my job I love my job****chanting


HS

No comments: